Saturday 9 August 2014

Last Drop



 
 
 

Close my eyes, a scary world;

river far behind.

All the tears being dissolved,

deep inside my glass.

And this freedom; my ball and chain,

either swim or drown.

Mourning after – can’t remember.

Why am I feeling down?

 

Be prepared to start again

before you start to stop.

And be prepared to fall again

before getting up.

And mind ‘friend’ beware of people,

people who have guns.

And mind ‘enemy’ no mercy,

this is my last drop.

 

This is my last drop.

This is my wreath of roses

wrapped around my head.

 

Shut my eyes, a scary world;

river far behind.

Drank the river with devotion

the sea now on my mind.

The last raindrop, one step closer

straining underground.

‘Til the day the bottle’s empty

and freedom comes around.

 

Find freedom in the sound.

 

Close your eyes

a sea of darkness

is all you’ll ever see.
 
Copyright © Francisco Rebollo 1992, 2014



 

No comments:

Post a Comment