Tuesday 27 May 2014

My son


If my son ran the show:


 

There would be tractors everywhere, digging just for fun;

There would be Hoovers vacuuming as a background soundtrack hum.

Language would be made-up and ever so musical,

Every little word and sound, new and magical.

 

There would be endless giggling coming from every corner of the universe;

Books would be edible and so would just about everything else.

There would be happiness and peace and, yes...

 

...There would also be crying, but it would short-lived,

and tiny tears would roll over yummy cheeks

only to sink into a smile of tiny teeth.

 

If my son ran the show

We all would eat on our feet

If my son ran the show

Mamma would never sleep.

 

Wait a minute...

My son already runs this show of which I speak.


Copyright © Francisco Rebollo 2014


 


 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment